SerenityMovie.net Forum Index SerenityMovie.net
Firefly / Serenity discussion boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would your dream VIP guest list be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SerenityMovie.net Forum Index -> Browncoat Cruise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marajade29sm wrote:
The Feldman Twins I hear are fun...and if we go off Firefly...Clare Kramer gave us her restaurant for a night...she'd be welcome to join our little cruise, I'm sure!

I really hope we don't go off Firefly. While many Firefly fans are also Buffy and/or Angel fans, many are not as well. I'd really rather just be paying this much to see as many people involved with Firefly/Serenity as possible.
RachVG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Yan briefly at B3 (he told me they were coming to Glasgow before Sean Harry had officially announced it, I felt all special! Wink) and he seemed great!
Cider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy wrote:
marajade29sm wrote:
The Feldman Twins I hear are fun...and if we go off Firefly...Clare Kramer gave us her restaurant for a night...she'd be welcome to join our little cruise, I'm sure!

I really hope we don't go off Firefly. While many Firefly fans are also Buffy and/or Angel fans, many are not as well. I'd really rather just be paying this much to see as many people involved with Firefly/Serenity as possible.

I don't think it's a bad thing to have a mix of guests, obviously it should be predominantly Firefly/Serenity but it doesn't hurt to throw in a couple of 'wildcard' guests if the budget allows.

Back in 2004 I went to a Buffy convention where Nathan, Jewel and Summer were also guests. Whilst some people attending the con (including myself) already knew Firefly, many had not heard of it at that time and a few complained that these people they didn't know were coming to a Buffy con, even though Nathan and Summer had Buffy/Angel connections too.

But who could fail to fall in love with Nathan, Jewel and Summer? I know many a devout Browncoat who was converted by coming along to that Buffy con. Since that time, the same company has run 3 succesful Firefly conventions, and has another 2 planned for this year and next year.

Imagine having missed out on Firefly just because you didn't want guests from another show at your Buffy/Angel/other-show-of-your choice convention?

Imagine missing out on some other great show you've never thought to watch yet becuase you didn't want guests from another show at your Firefly convention?

I'm not saying their HAS to be a mix of guests, just that if there were, it's not a bad thing.

www.browncoatevents.com

www.whedonsworld.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marajade29sm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, people like Clare Kramer and Michael Muhney went out of their way to make sure that we B3er's had a great time that weekend, which is the sign of a true Browncoat, if you ask me! Very Happy

Besides, it's just a dream wishlist, right? If I had my way, *everyone* would be there! lol
Tonya J

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Non-Serenifly Guests Reply with quote

Depending on who of the main cast members are able to come, and how many, I would love to see a mix of crew, artists, and actors from Whedon's shows. I even went so far as to suggest James Gunn to Jeremy, because of his affiliation with Nathan Fillion, and who is also a friend of Joss Whedon's. At this early stage of the game I don't even know if Jeremy has made contact, but I threw it out there as an option because I think it would be interesting to have that mix.

Gina, Nathan, and Adam were all either on Buffy or Angel so it seems only fair.

Probably better to thow as wide a net a possible and see who even shows an interest so that week can be reserved by them.
theonetruebix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it matters much, but I lean far in the direction of as Verse-specific as possible. I'd rather have, say, a Firefly/Serenity production crew member like (surprise!) Lisa Lassek than a random Buffy or Angel cast member.
IWenceslas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theonetruebix wrote:
Not that it matters much, but I lean far in the direction of as Verse-specific as possible. I'd rather have, say, a Firefly/Serenity production crew member like (surprise!) Lisa Lassek than a random Buffy or Angel cast member.

Or Production Designer, Carey Miner (Wrong spelling, I know Rolling Eyes ) Or Director, James Contner, Vondie Curtis Hall, Writer Jane Espenson...anyone involved in the production... or, hell, the whole crew, cause this is a dream list, right Wink
Cider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-Serenifly Guests Reply with quote

Tonya J wrote:

Gina, Nathan, and Adam were all either on Buffy or Angel so it seems only fair.

And Summer was on Angel too, and Morena nearly was.

www.browncoatevents.com

www.whedonsworld.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marajade29sm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be sinning here, but I've never watched Buffy or Angel, so I'd have to say I want to be as 'verse specific as possible, too, as far as guests go. Truth be told, though, I'm actually quite excited about seeing you lot, too...it's a Browncoat cruise, and it would kick butt to load 'er up with as many 'Coats as possible, in my opinion! Surprised
Jetflair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:ducks:

I've never watched Angel or Buffy (well, part of season 1 of Buffy, didn't like it) and I'm not excited by the idea of meeting stars whose shows I've never seen.

:pokes head up and dodges hurled goslings:

Especially since it sounds like the guest list will be limited, could we please stick to Firefly and Serenity? I am so very grateful to those who were involved in making B3 such a wonderful time for us including those outside of Firefly, don't get me wrong for a second.

But.......as a huge fan of his show and of him personally, I'd rather get to meet Nathan again, for instance. I do like the idea of having production people along, it was really wonderful meeting Greg and Tim and Geoff and Shawna and Brett at B3.
marajade29sm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it *is* a Browncoat Cruise, after all, so official guests should be limited to Firefly/Serenity.

If other people happen to show up like they do at regular, land-based cons, the more the merrier...but anyone who's officially booked as a guest should be from our beloved 'verse, I think!

That being said, and I think she was mentioned before, but I'd love to see Melinda Clarke at a con...does anyone know if she is as ridiculously gorgeous in person as she is on TV? I mean, good Lord... Smile
Cider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all the actresses I have ever met have all been much more beautiful in real life than they look on TV, yes - even Morena Baccarin who you wouldn't have thought could have gotten more beautiful.

www.browncoatevents.com

www.whedonsworld.co.uk
marajade29sm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, true...Morena is unbelievably stunning in life...the Firefly gals that I've seen so far have all been even more ridiculously gorgeous in person than they are on TV...

I can't believe we're goin' on a Browncoat CRUISE...freaking excellent idea, man...I still can't wait! Just over 10 months to go! lol
Lioness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to get Greg Edmundson there too. Such a sweet guy.
I understand the desire to have Serenifly only guests but as a lover of all the Whedonverse, I'd take anyone who has had a connection with Joss.
the_enemy713

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what'd be great then? Nab people who've been on a combination or all of Joss' shows. Like, oh, CARLOS JACOTT (Sheriff Laurence; Doyle's wife's demon fiance; "youth counselor" in "Anne").
Oh, and Jonathan Woodward.
JamieChambers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Guest Reply with quote

You know who would be great? That guy who did the Serenity Role Playing Game!

Okay, that was shameless. No matter what happens, I hope all the 'Coats have a great time, but if someone wants a geeky, third-string guest to run games and help bring the fun -- I'm there.

** Jamie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fat Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would love to see some Video clips or something of some of the folks who will not be able to attend.

That would be cool.
marajade29sm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 'cause I am drunk from a staff party and giddy with glee over finally being able to book my reservation, I am gonna add my vote in again for CHRISTINA!!!

(see how it's become voting, now, in my mind? no longer just discussion, but an actual vote...ah, Sue...go to bed...) Wink
BrownCoat_Tabz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: the random Buffy/Angel cast member...

While it's looking highly unlikely I can go on this cruise (and I really really want to)...

I thought I'd chime in for everyone about the possible inclusion of people like Claire Crammer etc.

Honestly, these folks should be considered honorary members of the 'Verse for their work at the Backup Bash. They really showed the spirit of the Whedon verse and that is.. family. It's why I love Firefly, why I love Buffy, why I love Angel and why all these people should be called Big Damn Heroes.

Re: The NonBuffy Watchers...

Honestly, stick to it and you'll fall in love with the series as I did. I was a Firefly fan first then went for it with Buffy. If it weren't for Buffy there'd be no Firefly.

Plus, it's fun to spot the Firefly similarities. Like tonight I was watching a scene between Buffy and Riley (a love interest) and they are in a crowd talking about their lives as demon hunters. Since they can't mention it outright Riley says... "my job as a fry cook..."

Bring back the classic Wash line... "actually I was fired from a fry cook opportunity."

Season 1 is a bit rough.. but ultimately rewarding.
brian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Michael Fairman confirmed Reply with quote

Great news everyone - we have our second official guest! Michael Fairman aka Adelai Niska will be torturing....I mean entertaining the Browncoats. More guests will be announced soon. - Brian

Quote:
"I'm anticipating that being at sea with the Browncoats on this cruise would be like rocketing the Serenity to ...oh...where...ah yes...Skyplace!!! Where they will all immediately become my prisoners. They will learn that Niska can be fun -- with good food, the sea and the stars, they will discover that it will be five days of delightful torture.

I am so excited by the prospect of spending time with this pack of joyous souls I've nearly wet myself. Believe it or not after meeting a swarm of them in England and in Los Angeles, they’ve made me believe I have a heart; that I'm capable of even... affection. I look forward to their energy, their comradeship and their spirit of fun."

- Michael
theonetruebix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome.
Thunder_Nari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiny. Very Happy Trapped on a boat with Niska, what's not to love about that scenario?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VerseExplorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niska - that is so cool. We all have our reputations at stake. Laughing
marajade29sm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's SO awesome...I only got to meet him briefly at clare's abr at B3, but he was so kind and genuine and warm, I just wanted to hug him! Can't wait for a week of torture! Sweet!
Lioness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such good news! Michael Fairman is a great guy, from what I could tell and I am really look forward to getting a chance to talk with him a little more than I did that Saturday night at FlanB.
Whoohoo! Very Happy
Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard Michael is a nice, down to earth man and am glad to see he is eager to come as well.

I did expect to hear an announcement from Jeremy or at least something posted at the top of the page here though.
thewatch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic news, I was lucky enough to meet him at the London and LA cons and he is the funniest, sweetest guy ever.

He was so surprised how popular he was after playing a villain, but he seemed to have a great time. I'm so glad he's going to be there!!
Jetflair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, cool! I have/had this wierd complex about Michael Fairman. I associate him so strongly with his character that I was really dreading having to meet him at Flan2, despite everyone telling me what a wonderful, sweet person he was.

Fast forward to B3 - I spotted him at the club with a couple of drinks in me, still was unnerved by the idea of talking to him, but I wanted to thank him for coming because I thought that was a really kind and wonderful thing all the actors did.....so I ran up to him and told him that I was afraid of him but I wanted to say thanks.

He was so sweet, even gave me a big hug......he was so very nice that now I can very much look forward to meeting him on the cruise......and maybe even talk to him as something other than the nervous drunk girl! It'll be fun seeing him again, and I have a special soft spot in my heart for each and every one of the actors who came to B3.

So.......how about Nathan, Alan, and Michael for a slightly morbid and creepifying but very cool guest list? Anyone with me here? Smile
theonetruebix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetflair wrote:
So.......how about Nathan, Alan, and Michael for a slightly morbid and creepifying but very cool guest list? Anyone with me here? :)

Honestly, if someone forced me to have to choose, I'd choose people who weren't at B3 and who therefore I've had no exposure to at all.

Not that, you know, I wouldn't accept everyone being on the cruise. But the back of my mind keeps going, "You don't do cons, it'd be nice to make it through everyone between B3 and the Cruise." Heh.
thewatch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly wouldn't complain about a mix of guests showing up, it's always good to have something new around.

And morbid and creepyfyin' is always fun in my book, bring it on I say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SerenityMovie.net Forum Index -> Browncoat Cruise All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: